发表于 2008-12-14 00:57:38 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
《手》

恐怖故事

新手勿妄动

{1320}{37c  

The Hand by Frederick Von Hapsgood

}
{1321}{37l  Introductory Note
Dear reader, what you hold in your hands is the result of arduous labor on behalf of myself and apprentice staff. Long have the private journals of Frederick Von Hapsgood been rumored and it was but four short years ago that it came into my possession, delivered to me by Professor Hapsgood's long-time servant of thirty years.  As you well know, Professor Hapsgood was known for writing in a scrawl unbeknownst to many circles, and it is this very aspect that I have labored over, carefully arranging his scrawl into something resembling flowing prose. I am pleased to present the first of many parts to come, in this, the Volume Obscura of Professor Frederick Von Hapsgood.
  F.V.H, 1843}
{1322}{37l  
What I am about to relate defies conventional logic, to be sure, yet I can only stand by and insist to its validity. If you will cast this aside as the rambling of an ancient soul who perhaps should have been buried years ago, that is your judgement. Those that have either been in my employ or have been unfortunate enough to call me a friend know all too well that I do not dabble in fiction. With that futile disclaimer behind me, allow me to relate the events of my visit to Tarant, in the year 1792.
}

{1323}{37l
Bonfires of the downtrodden illuminated the horizon like morbid stars. Poor souls seeking any warmth they could muster. Snow blanketed the landscape in every direction, a freezing chill whipping past gothic structures. Even the gargoyles, rooted in their stone beds, seemed chilled to the bone. It was this auspicious weather that marked my arrival to Tarant in the dead of night, and while at first it appeared to be my lead story, soon it was discarded for the rather strange event that soon took place.
}

{1324}{37l
It began with an argument that grew louder as I grew nearer. An elderly man with more lines eroding his face than mine was engaged in a rather hostile tussle with a well-built lad. Of what they argued, I know not, for as I drew within range, the words de-evolved into physical attacks. The old man proved my initial suspicions correct when he unleashed tendrils of fire that struck everything but his opponent. Buildings erupted in flame, upside being more heat for a dreadfully cold midnight. Villagers ran in every direction, screaming nonsensical words, as the young nemesis of the old man unleashed a sword of steel. If I were to get involved, it would have proved too late, as the next second found the young man cleaving through the old wizard with a deft and assured strike. I shall spare you the gruesome result that transpired next, save that it involved the severing of a head.  I expected the corpse of the wizard to be ransacked for possessions, but the young man simply stuffed the head in a brown bag and ran off like an apparition, leaving me alone, surrounded by crackling buildings and a vacant street.
}

{1325}{37l
The headless body of the old wizard lay before me. Try as I could to avert my gaze and press on with my journey, I failed. The lure of the corpse was too much. I approached, tentatively at first and then with a quickened pace, lest someone return and find me lurking with potential blame. It was then that I saw the index finger of his right hand. Nearby flames cast a glint off its metallic structure and I knelt to observe closer. His entire finger was no finger at all. Instead, a black appendage seemingly made of steel. The lure was intense, I tell you, and I fear I can offer no satisfying excuse for what I did next. Using my knife, I attempted to pry the metallic casing off, thinking it a cowl for the actual finger beneath. This proved futile as the substance resisted all attempts at penetration.  I'm afraid I must admit to doing something rather gruesome, as I then began to slice at the wrist in an attempt to remove the entire hand. This proved successful, despite my rising nausea. I know not what possessed me to do so. I stuffed the hand into my backpack as the overwhelming sensation of being observed defined itself and my next ambition was to remove myself from sight as soon as possible.  
}

{1326}{37l
Quickly, I traipsed through the snow to find my hotel and, more importantly, a shot of aged scotch. This desire did not manifest. Instead, my hasty journey was interrupted by the horrific sensation of something moving within my backpack. Fearing the worst and knowing it to be so, I threw the backpack from my shoulder like one would throw a book featuring an uninvited spider resting upon the cover. To my horror, the flap of the backpack flew open and emerging with purpose was the very hand I had severed! There is no greater motivation than being pursued by a demonic hand, and it was this feeling that carried me blindly through the alleys of Tarant, too full of fear to even muster a scream of help. Damn the dead-end that soon appeared, leaving me nowhere to go! The hand approached and I froze with fright, a feeling I wish upon no one.  A statue I became, a human gargoyle of sorts, observing with dread as the hand drew near and began ascending my right leg. Before I could even contemplate my impending demise, the hand had absconded with my very own knife and this realization proved too much, as I then crumpled to the snow, fainting from fright.
}

{1327}{37l
The very act of awakening from such a nightmare was a treasure in itself, though the initial joy of the occasion was soon replaced with outright disgust, as near to me, jutting up from the snow, was my severed hand. Resigning myself to what I knew to be true, I looked at where I should have had a stump, only to find the old man's hand in its place, black steel finger full of silent mockery.  
}

{1328}{37l
To this day I do not know the power residing within this hand. All attempts at prying and poking have met with zero information. I can only hope that this entry puts to rest the years of speculation as to how I came about sporting such an odd appendage. Of all the stories I have heard, none are more strange than the actual event. Isn't that always the case?  
}
{1329}{37l
Professor Frederick Von Hapsgood, 1802
}
沙发
发表于 2008-12-14 07:53:58 | 只看该作者
不要骂我啊~~

( 1321 ) (三七升简介
亲爱的读者,你搁置在你们手中的原因是艰苦的劳动代表我本人和学徒的工作人员。只要有私人期刊弗雷德里克冯Hapsgood传言,并有人,但短短四年前,进入我的占有,交付给我的教授Hapsgood的长期仆人三十年。大家都知道,教授Hapsgood被称为书写的笔迹在不知情的许多人士,这是这个方面,我吃力的,认真安排到他的笔迹类似流动的散文。我很高兴第一次出席许多地方来,在这方面,音量暗箱教授弗雷德里克冯Hapsgood 。
   F.V.H , 1843年)
( 1322 ) ( 37升
我要与蔑视常规的逻辑,可以肯定,但我只能袖手旁观,并坚持其有效性。如果你投下这一边的漫无边际的一个古老的灵魂也许谁应该被埋葬年前,这是你的判断。那些已被我在聘用或已不幸打电话给我的朋友都知道非常清楚,我不会涉足小说。与徒劳的声明在我身后,请允许我向有关的事件我访问Tarant ,在1792年一年。

( 1323 ) ( 37升
篝火的照明蹂躏的地平线一样病态的明星。可怜的灵魂寻求任何可能的温暖,他们鼓起。雪覆盖的景观在每一个方向,冻结寒气鞭打过去哥特式结构。即使gargoyles ,植根于他们的石头床,似乎冷到了骨头。这是这个吉祥的天气标志着我国到达Tarant在夜深人静,而首先它似乎是我带头的故事,一旦被丢弃的,而奇怪的事件,很快发生。

( 1324 ) ( 37升
它始于一个论点,即日益高涨,我增长了近了。一名老人更多的线路侵蚀他的脸比我参与了敌对争斗,而同一个内置的小伙子。他们所主张,我不知道,因为我提请范围内,将取消演变为人身攻击。老人证明了我最初的怀疑正确当他发动卷须火灾袭击的一切,但他的对手。建筑物发生火焰,上涨更热的冷午夜可怕。村民们跑在每一个方向,尖叫无意义的话,作为年轻的克星老人发动了钢铁之剑。如果我介入,这将证明为时已晚,因为明年第二次发现,年轻男子裂解通过老向导的灵巧和有保证的罢工。我将备件你可怕的结果是,明年交接,保存,它涉及切断了头。我预计的尸体向导将财物洗劫的,但只是年轻男子的头部塞进了棕色袋跑了一个幽灵一样,离开我,周围噼啪建筑物和街道的空置。

( 1325 ) ( 37升
的无头尸体的老向导奠定在我面前。试试我可能会为了避免我的目光和记者对我的旅程,我失败了。诱惑的尸体被太多。我走近,暂定在第一,然后与加快,以免有人返回,找到我与潜在的隐患责任。当时,我看到了食指的右手。附近投下了火焰闪烁其金属结构,我跪下密切观察。他的整个手指,没有手指在所有。相反,一个黑色附属物看似钢。的诱惑是激烈的,我告诉你,我担心我不能没有提供令人满意的借口,我就是这样做的未来。用我的刀,我试图窥探的金属外壳后,思想有整流罩的实际手指下方。这证明是徒劳的实质抵制一切企图渗透。恐怕我必须承认事情,而可怕的,因为当时我开始排在手腕,企图删除整个手。这证明是成功的,尽管我上升恶心。我不知道什么拥有我这样做。俺的手塞进我的背包作为压倒的感觉得到遵守定义本身和我的下一个目标是消除自己的视线尽快。

( 1326 ) ( 37升
很快,我通过traipsed雪找到我的旅馆,更重要的是一杆老年苏格兰威士忌。这一愿望并不明显。相反,我匆忙的旅程被打断的感觉可怕的东西在我的运动背包。前景做了最坏打算,并知道它是这样,我把背包从我的肩膀一样会扔一本书具有不请自来的蜘蛛休息的封面。我的恐怖,皮瓣的背包飞行和新兴的开放与目的是非常手断了!没有更大的动机不是追求一个恶魔的手,正是这种感觉,我盲目地进行通过的Tarant小巷,也充满了恐惧,甚至鼓起尖叫的帮助。该死的死胡同,很快出现了,让我无处可去!手接触,我吓得冻结了,感觉我想呼吁任何人。雕像我成为一个人的石像鬼的种类,观测与恐惧的手走近,并开始升我右腿。之前我什至可以考虑我即将消亡,手潜逃后,我就自己的刀,并认识到这一点证明了太多,因为我当时皱巴巴的雪,从惊吓昏厥。

( 1327 ) ( 37升
非常行为的觉醒从这样的噩梦是财富本身,但最初的喜悦之际很快被取代,彻底厌恶,接近我, jutting从雪,是我断绝了手。自己要辞职,我知道什么是真实的,我看了看,我应该有树桩,才发现老人的手在自己的位置,黑色钢手指充满了无声的嘲弄。

( 1328 ) ( 37升
为了这一天我不知道的力量居住在这一手。一切企图刺探和撬拨会见了零的信息。我只能希望这个项目将休息多年的猜测是如何对我这样一个体育奇数附属物。所有的故事我听说过,但没有更奇怪的是比实际事件。这难道不是如此?

( 1329 ) ( 37升
教授弗雷德里克冯Hapsgood , 1802年
板凳
发表于 2008-12-14 09:03:19 | 只看该作者
楼上机器翻译的?怎么读不懂?
地板
发表于 2008-12-14 10:29:34 | 只看该作者
The Hand by Frederick Von Hapsgood

Frederick Von Hapsgood 手 ( 翻译半路发现还是手。。。。)

亲爱的读者,你现在手中捧着的是我半生辛苦努力和学徒经历换来的 。 有关Frederick

Von Hapsgood 私人日记的谣言流传了很久了。

仅仅是四年以前我刚得到我做了Hapsgood教授长达30年的仆人应得的财产。正如你所知

,Hapsgood教授写的一手潦草的字,不知道的人还以为是画的圈圈。把他潦草的字迹转换

为顺畅的文字一直是我要仔细做好的工作。在这里 我高兴地向大家介绍Frederick Von

Hapsgood的《蒙胧卷》中的首要部分。

我所要讲述的将要挑战传统逻辑,但是我只能站在坚持它的正确性的一边。或许这件事上你

会扮演一个很多年前就应该被埋葬的远古幽灵,那是你的判断。那些雇佣我的和还称不上我

朋友的人都为人所知,所以我不会虚构事实。 抛开后面的免责申明

我先讲述1792年拜访Tarant的事件。

行将熄灭的篝火像残星照亮地平线,可怜的灵魂搜寻他们能找到的任何温暖  大雪覆盖整个大

地, 彻骨的寒风鞭笞着旧式的哥特建筑。即使是石板上雕饰的怪兽也能感受到透骨之寒。就

是这样一个幸运的天气下我却要在死气沉沉的夜里到达Tarant  ,本来这是我最先应该做的事

情 但是很快被后面发生的奇怪事情取代了。

这事源自附近一个大声的争吵,一个满脸皱纹的老人和一个体格健壮的青年几乎打了起来。

他们为什么争吵我不知道 ,所以我不想介入 ,言语争斗演变成武力争斗。那老者释放出火焰击碎

了除了对手之外所有的物体 这证明了我最初的怀疑是正确的。建筑迸发出火焰,屋顶在如此寒

冷的夜里显得格外灼热 ,村民四处逃窜,无助地呼喊。青年为了报复拔出了一柄钢剑 ,我想要介

入 ,但是事实证明太晚了青年敏捷准确的一击劈开了那老巫师,我不用给你讲接下来发生怎么

可怕的事情,也就是关于那人头的。我希望有人会认领这个巫师的尸体,青年只是把简单地

把人头塞进一个棕色包裹像一个幽灵一样离开了,把我丢在烧得劈啪作响建筑之间和空旷的街道上。

老巫师无头的尸体躺在我面前 我努力将我的注意移回到我的旅程上,但是我失败了。那具尸体

的吸引力很大 ,开始我只是慢慢接近,然后我加快了脚步,惟恐有人返回并责备我这个旁观者。

接着我看到了他伸出的右手手指,借着火光能看到上面有金属物反光,然后我跪下来靠近观察。

他整个手指根本不是手指而是由钢铁制成的附加肢体。诱惑是巨大的,我恐怕难以用令人满

意的理由解释我接下来所作之事,我想用刀把那金属外皮剥下来,因为我认为那只是被覆在真正

手指之上。我失败了,那物质抵抗了所有切开的企图。我恐怕得做一些更可怕的事情,然后

我开始切割手腕企图拿走他整个手掌。尽管越来越恶心,我还是成功了。我不知道是什么使

我如此疯狂行事。把那手塞进我的背包时候 ,我觉得被人注视了,在情绪难以控制的情况下,

赶紧使自己在众人的视线中消失。

我快速穿过雪地回道旅馆,一个很有名的苏格兰人开的。这种渴望是不好用言语表白的。我匆忙

的旅程被背包里有东西滚动的可怕感觉打乱了。害怕事情变糟也早知如此,我把背包从肩膀上拿

下,就像一个人害怕地丢掉一本封面爬上蜘蛛书。让我恐惧的是,背包盖打开了露出我摆弄过的

那只手。没有什么感觉能比被一只有魔力的手追赶更强烈了,正是这种感觉驱使我盲目地充满

恐惧地跑过Tarant的小巷,甚至曾经喊过救命。该死的死胡同出现了,我无路可走,那手慢慢接近

我被恐惧惊呆在当场,从没有过的感觉笼罩着我。我变成了一个雕像,人形的那种,看着那手慢慢接

近并爬上我的右腿。  那手避开了我的刀,我感觉到我死到临头了,现实太令人吃惊了,我摔倒在雪

地上,吓得昏了过去。

能从这样一个噩梦中醒来真是如珍宝一样可贵,最初的欢喜被恶心所替代。身旁伸出雪地的是我摆弄过的那只手。终于接受我所经历的是真实的,我想知道我是否还有腿 ,只发现那个老人的手在那个位置,黑色的钢手指充满了无声的嘲笑。

现在我不能知晓蕴藏在那只手里的力量 。所有的打听和刺探都没有反馈的消息。
我只希望上面这些故事能够终止关于我怎么弄了这么一个奇怪假肢而长达几年的思考。
在我所听说的故事中没有比这更奇怪的了 事情不是这样吗?
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-12-14 15:18:08 | 只看该作者
好!顶上去
6#
发表于 2008-12-14 22:25:55 | 只看该作者
37升...

7#
发表于 2008-12-14 22:27:05 | 只看该作者
the Hand指的不是the Molochean Hand吗?
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-12-15 00:08:26 | 只看该作者
之前我也这么想,后来发现是错了
9#
发表于 2008-12-15 00:50:16 | 只看该作者
我不知道是否可行

在我那帖子里全选 复制 然后在记事本粘贴 保存就可以得文本了吧

我都随手写记事本里然后粘到这里的 做事比较潦草
10#
发表于 2008-12-15 06:43:17 | 只看该作者
1L如果是机译已经算不错了。至少把“many circles”译出来了。
Professor Hapsgood was known for writing in a scrawl unbeknownst to many circles
Professor Hapsgood的手书如此卓尔不群以致同道中人也鲜有所识。
11#
发表于 2008-12-15 13:08:17 | 只看该作者
亲爱的读者,你手中拿着的可是我们一路以来艰苦工作的心血结晶。外界一直盛传Frederick Von Hapsgood的个人日记或许真的存在,其实早于四年前,一位服务了Hapsgood教授足足三十年的仆人就已经把这本日记送到了笔者手上。而众所周知,Hapsgood教授平时的稿子就写得有如鬼画符…要在那一大堆的龙飞凤舞的日记之中抽丝剥茧加以修饰成为一篇流畅自然的散文往往需要反复检查斟酌-----这也是我们工作遇到的主要难题之一。废话少说,现在很高兴为阁下献上Frederick Von Hapsgood教授的Volume Obscura 中的第一篇精彩故事。

接下来我要说的事在很多人看来都相当的大逆不道,我不准备为自己辩护什么,但是我所写的每个字都绝对有根可循。当然,如果你硬是要将这段旁白看成是一个已死多年的上古冤魂的胡诌,那是你自己的事。不过相信无论是我的属下,还是那些“有幸”成为我朋友的人都知道我在创作时从来没有信口开河的习惯。言归正传,以下请与我一起去到1792年,那时,我正在参观一个叫Tarant的城市。

被狂风吹得东摇西曳的篝火把地平线映照得像病入膏肓的繁星。那些想要取得一丝温暖的生灵都尽可能的聚拢于一块。四下大雪茫茫,覆盖了每个旮旯,冰冷透骨的寒风正无情地鞭打着那哥特式的大楼,甚至是顶上那些麻木迟钝石像鬼好像也在瑟瑟发抖。而我就在这么一个犹如死寂般的夜晚抵达Tarant,这可真是个好兆头,可以作为一个不错的故事开头了。然而,不久后却发生了更诡异莫测的事。

一切都开始于那场越演越激的吵架-----一位比我更老,脸上刻满深沟巨壑的先生和一位怒气冲冲,体型矫健的小伙子争执了起来。因为我在后来才加入,所以争论的原委,实在无从得知,不过这场你来我往的口水仗很可能会变成一场血腥的殴斗。那个老人几乎立即就证明了我最初的担忧是正确的-----他开始拿起那条烧得正旺的藤蔓到处乱捅,但目标不是那个小伙子,很快的,整间建筑都变得火光熊熊。在这个寒风凛冽的夜晚,这场火灾更是变得致命无比。人们开始哇哇尖叫,争相走避,就在这时,老人的对手-----那个小伙子亮出了自己的利剑。这种剑拔弩张一触即发的场面,就算我想上前劝解亦太迟了-----仅仅在下一秒小伙子就干净利落的一击了结了那个老巫师。对于接下来那些血腥无比的事还是略过不提了,总之,小伙子将巫师的头颅割了下来。我原本还以为他会将巫师的遗体搜掠一番,可是小伙子只将那个头颅放进一个灰色腰包里后就像幽灵般的消失无踪了。然后整个地方就只剩下被火烧得啪啪发响的大楼,空无一人的大街,还有我。

现在那个无头巫师的遗体就躺在我的眼前,面对此情此景,我试着尽量不去盯着那条尸体转而专心一志的将刚才发生的事记录进日记里,但我失败了,那条尸体的诱惑实在是太大。我先是蹑手蹑脚地慢慢走过去,然后才想到如果有人看到我做的勾当,那岂不是奇耻大辱吗。于是我箭步跑近尸体,接着我第一眼就注意到了巫师的右手,在火光的照耀下,它居然反射着奇怪的,金属般的光芒。在俯下身子进一步检查后,我发现他的手指其实根本就不是手指…怎么说呢,那就好比是一团钢制的饰物。坦白的说,当时诱惑冲昏了我的头脑,而本人也不打算为自己接下来的行为解释了。我觉得那团“金属”应该是用某种方法装上去的,所以先是用小刀试着将那只“手”撬出来,但那物质坚硬无比,撬了半天还是丝毫不动。这样的话跟着就不得不采用一些更恶心的方法了,我用尽全身力气把巫师的手腕割断,虽然期间恶心得我快要把昨天的饭都呕出来,但最后还是成功了,我终于拿到了那个“东东”。忍着强烈的恶心,我将那只手放进了行李袋然后以最快的速度逃离了那里。

很快的,我在茫茫大雪中找到了自己的旅馆,当然还有那支陈年威士忌。大喝几口以后,我的思绪仍然未能冷静下来。相反,我的旅程又开始惊心动魄起来――忽然,我感到背后的行李包里有东西忽然活蹦乱跳。天啊,我心里非常清楚是什么东西,出于本能,我扔掉了手中的行李袋,这个情形就好像你会用书本扔向一只忽然跳到你的跟前的大蜘蛛一样。接下来,一切就有如鬼魅一般,我的行李袋从内打开了,那只我用刀子割断的手立时蹦了出来。世界上绝对没有比被一只有如恶魔般的手所追杀更令人恐惧的事了,这种犹如世界末日的恐惧感在逃过Tarant的大街小巷时一直伴随着我,最后终于忍不住了,我开始边跑边狂叫救命。妈的!我居然跑到了一条死胡同,这下子无路可逃,彻底完了!那只手一步步的靠近,我吓得气也不敢喘,呆若木鸡,只感到孤立无援。此时的我已经和一尊雕像无异,就像那些建筑上的石像鬼那样肢体僵硬,一动不动。至于那只手,则开始慢慢的从右腿爬了上来,就在我想到自己将会死于这里之前,那只手已经拿起我腰上的刀子,大摇大摆地“走”了。在这一刹那间,忽然,我明白了所有的前因后果。终于,如释重负的我不支倒地,昏迷于寒冷的大雪之中。

能够从这个恐怖的噩梦中醒来对我而言绝对是一笔不可多得的财富,才高兴了几秒,然后我就很快就发现了那只手――那只被我亲自割开的手居然还在我的身边,唉,我又忍不住恶心起来。最后,我只能相信眼前的实事,(回到那晚发生争执的地方,只看到了那个老巫师的手仍在原地,那只漆黑的手就像在嘲笑我一样躺在哪里。)不确定

到今天我还不知道施展在那只手的到底是什么的一种力量,我试过无数次的用工具去撬或者捅它,看看能不能有什么发现,但都不得要领。我只能希望它能够在years of speculation中安息,就正如我第一次发现这件奇怪的东西时一样安静躺着。我一生中听过无数的故事,但没有一个能够比现实更荒谬奇怪。难道不对吗?

Frederick Von Hapsgood教授于一八零二年所写
12#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-12-15 14:08:39 | 只看该作者
nice job!
13#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-12-16 15:08:11 | 只看该作者
{1321}{37l  Introductory Note
Dear reader, what you hold in your hands is the result of arduous labor on behalf of myself and apprentice staff. Long have the private journals of Frederick Von Hapsgood been rumored and it was but four short years ago that it came into my possession, delivered to me by Professor Hapsgood's long-time servant of thirty years.  As you well know, Professor Hapsgood was known for writing in a scrawl unbeknownst to many circles, and it is this very aspect that I have labored over, carefully arranging his scrawl into something resembling flowing prose. I am pleased to present the first of many parts to come, in this, the Volume Obscura of Professor Frederick Von Hapsgood.
  F.V.H, 1843}

为什么是他自己的署名呢?
14#
发表于 2008-12-16 15:32:09 | 只看该作者
的确不可思议。。。目前貌似只有几个解释
1.主编的缩写也阴差阳错叫F.V.H.....
2.主编就是F.V.H......
3.F.V.H一名只是承接下面旁白....不是前言.....不过年代差很多......
4.游戏bug。。。。

如果能到游戏里看看还有没有关于本书主编的其它信息就好了
15#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-12-16 17:00:43 | 只看该作者
定稿

{1320}{37c   

The Hand by Frederick Von Hapsgood弗雷德里克·冯·哈普斯古德著《手》

——Baby2head和Xq_261翻译

}

{1321}{37l  Introductory Note介绍

Dear reader, what you hold in your hands is the result of arduous labor on behalf of myself and apprentice staff. Long have the private journals of Frederick Von Hapsgood been rumored and it was but four short years ago that it came into my possession, delivered to me by Professor Hapsgood's long-time servant of thirty years.  As you well know, Professor Hapsgood was known for writing in a scrawl unbeknownst to many circles, and it is this very aspect that I have labored over, carefully arranging his scrawl into something resembling flowing prose. I am pleased to present the first of many parts to come, in this, the Volume Obscura of Professor Frederick Von Hapsgood.亲爱的读者,你手中拿着的可是我和我的助手艰苦工作的心血结晶。有关弗雷德里克·冯·哈普斯古德的个人日记,外界一直有很多谣言,直到四年前,一位服务了哈普斯古德教授足足三十年的仆人将这本日记交到了我的手上。而众所周知,哈普斯古德教授平时的稿子就写得有如鬼画符,业内也几乎无人能识…要在那一大堆的龙飞凤舞的日记之中抽丝剥茧加以修饰成为一篇流畅自然的散文往往需要反复检查斟酌-----这也是我们工作遇到的主要难题之一。废话少说,现在很高兴为阁下奉上弗雷德里克·冯·哈普斯古德教授的“朦胧手卷”中的第一篇精彩故事。

弗雷德里克·冯·哈普斯古德,1843年}

{1322}{37l   

What I am about to relate defies conventional logic, to be sure, yet I can only stand by and insist to its validity. If you will cast this aside as the rambling of an ancient soul who perhaps should have been buried years ago, that is your judgement. Those that have either been in my employ or have been unfortunate enough to call me a friend know all too well that I do not dabble in fiction. With that futile disclaimer behind me, allow me to relate the events of my visit to Tarant, in the year 1792. 的确,接下来我要说的事有违常理,但我仍然执意要说出来,因为我所写的每个字都绝对是真实的。当然,如果你硬要将这段故事当作一个古墓冤魂的胡诌而不屑一顾,那是你自己的事。不过我相信,无论是我的属下,还是那些“不幸”成为我朋友的人都知道我在创作时从来没有信口开河的习惯。闲言少叙,以下请与我一起去到1792年,那时的我身在一个叫塔伦特的城市。
}

{1323}{37l
    Bonfires of the downtrodden illuminated the horizon like morbid stars. Poor souls seeking any warmth they could muster. Snow blanketed the landscape in every direction, a freezing chill whipping past gothic structures. Even the gargoyles, rooted in their stone beds, seemed chilled to the bone. It was this auspicious weather that marked my arrival to Tarant in the dead of night, and while at first it appeared to be my lead story, soon it was discarded for the rather strange event that soon took place. 远方隐现的篝火如残星般点缀着地平线,仿佛万物都在渴求着温暖。四下大雪茫茫,覆盖了每个旮旯,彻骨的寒风鞭笞着旧式的哥特建筑,即使是石板上雕饰的怪兽也能感受到透骨之寒。而我就在这么一个犹如死寂般的夜晚抵达塔伦特,这可真是一个不错的好故事。然而,不久后却发生了更诡异莫测的事。
}

{1324}{37l
    It began with an argument that grew louder as I grew nearer. An elderly man with more lines eroding his face than mine was engaged in a rather hostile tussle with a well-built lad. Of what they argued, I know not, for as I drew within range, the words de-evolved into physical attacks. The old man proved my initial suspicions correct when he unleashed tendrils of fire that struck everything but his opponent. Buildings erupted in flame, upside being more heat for a dreadfully cold midnight. Villagers ran in every direction, screaming nonsensical words, as the young nemesis of the old man unleashed a sword of steel. If I were to get involved, it would have proved too late, as the next second found the young man cleaving through the old wizard with a deft and assured strike. I shall spare you the gruesome result that transpired next, save that it involved the severing of a head.  I expected the corpse of the wizard to be ransacked for possessions, but the young man simply stuffed the head in a brown bag and ran off like an apparition, leaving me alone, surrounded by crackling buildings and a vacant street. 故事的真正开端是两个陌生人的一场吵架,随着我越走越近,他们越吵越凶-----一位有了年纪的、脸上的皱纹比我还多的先生和一位体型健壮的年青人争执得很凶。争论的原委实在无从得知,在我走进他们身边的时候,这场你来我往的口水仗变成了一场血腥的殴斗。那个老人的行动立即就证明了我最初的判断是正确的-----他施法操纵火龙四处喷射,但始终没有击中对面的年青人。很快的,整间建筑都变得火光熊熊,即使是这个寒风凛冽的夜晚也未能抵消火焰的灼热。人们开始哇哇尖叫,争相走避,就在这时,老人的对手-----那个小伙子亮出了自己的利剑。这时候,就算我想上前劝解亦太迟了-----仅仅在下一秒小伙子就干净利落的一击了结了那个老巫师。对于接下来那些血腥无比的事还是略过不提了,总之,小伙子将巫师的头颅割了下来。我原本还以为他会将巫师的身上搜掠一番,可是小伙子只将那个头颅放进一个棕色口袋里,然后就像幽灵般的消失无踪了。街上空无一人,只留下我站在被火烧得啪啪发响的大楼里。
}

{1325}{37l
    The headless body of the old wizard lay before me. Try as I could to avert my gaze and press on with my journey, I failed. The lure of the corpse was too much. I approached, tentatively at first and then with a quickened pace, lest someone return and find me lurking with potential blame. It was then that I saw the index finger of his right hand. Nearby flames cast a glint off its metallic structure and I knelt to observe closer. His entire finger was no finger at all. Instead, a black appendage seemingly made of steel. The lure was intense, I tell you, and I fear I can offer no satisfying excuse for what I did next. Using my knife, I attempted to pry the metallic casing off, thinking it a cowl for the actual finger beneath. This proved futile as the substance resisted all attempts at penetration.  I'm afraid I must admit to doing something rather gruesome, as I then began to slice at the wrist in an attempt to remove the entire hand. This proved successful, despite my rising nausea. I know not what possessed me to do so. I stuffed the hand into my backpack as the overwhelming sensation of being observed defined itself and my next ambition was to remove myself from sight as soon as possible. 现在那个无头巫师的遗体就躺在我的眼前,虽然我竭力克制着去看那个尸体的想法,虽然我努力想抬脚走开继续我的旅程,但我失败了。尸体的诱惑实在是太大。我先是慢慢踱步,然后竟然箭步如飞地跑近尸体,惟恐有人跑来并责备我这个旁观者。我看到了巫师右手的食指,在火光的照耀下,它居然反射着奇怪的,金属般的光芒。在俯下身子进一步检查后,我发现他的手指其实根本就不是手指,而是一截黑色的似乎是铁制的假指。坦白的说,当时诱惑冲昏了我的头脑,而本人也不打算为自己接下来的行为开脱了。我以为这截玩意是戴在真手指上的套子,所以想用小刀试着将这个金属部分撬出来,但那物质坚硬无比,撬了半天还是丝毫不动。这样的话跟着就不得不采用一些更恶心的方法了,我用尽全身力气把巫师的手腕割断,虽然期间恶心得我快要把昨天的饭都呕出来,但最后还是成功了,我终于拿到了那个“东东”。忍着强烈的恶心,我将那只手放进了行李袋然后以最快的速度逃离了那里。
}

{1326}{37l
    Quickly, I traipsed through the snow to find my hotel and, more importantly, a shot of aged scotch. This desire did not manifest. Instead, my hasty journey was interrupted by the horrific sensation of something moving within my backpack. Fearing the worst and knowing it to be so, I threw the backpack from my shoulder like one would throw a book featuring an uninvited spider resting upon the cover. To my horror, the flap of the backpack flew open and emerging with purpose was the very hand I had severed! There is no greater motivation than being pursued by a demonic hand, and it was this feeling that carried me blindly through the alleys of Tarant, too full of fear to even muster a scream of help. Damn the dead-end that soon appeared, leaving me nowhere to go! The hand approached and I froze with fright, a feeling I wish upon no one.  A statue I became, a human gargoyle of sorts, observing with dread as the hand drew near and began ascending my right leg. Before I could even contemplate my impending demise, the hand had absconded with my very own knife and this realization proved too much, as I then crumpled to the snow, fainting from fright.很快的,我踏着茫茫大雪去寻找旅馆,我还打算去买一支陈年威士忌。我也不知道为什么要喝酒。就在这短暂的路途上――我忽然有一种可怕的感觉,背后的行李包里有东西在动!天啊,我心里非常清楚是什么东西,出于本能,我扔掉了手中的行李袋,就像一个人害怕地丢掉一本封面爬着蜘蛛的书。恐惧的是,我的行李袋从内打开了,那只我用刀子割断的手立时蹦了出来。世界上没有比被一只邪魔的手所追杀更能激发人的逃跑能力了,抱着这种恐惧感,我豕突狼奔地窜过塔伦特的大街小巷,我甚至都惊恐地一句尖叫都喊不出来。妈的!我居然跑到了一条死胡同,这下子无路可逃,彻底完了!那只手一步步的靠近,我吓得呆若木鸡,谁都不希望有这样的感觉。此时的我已经和一尊雕像无异,就像那些建筑上的石像鬼那样肢体僵硬,一动不动。至于那只手,则开始慢慢的从右腿爬了上来,就在我茫然等死之时,我看到了那只手居然拿着我自己的刀!在这一刹那间,心理崩溃的我不支倒地,昏迷于寒冷的大雪之中。
}

{1327}{37l
    The very act of awakening from such a nightmare was a treasure in itself, though the initial joy of the occasion was soon replaced with outright disgust, as near to me, jutting up from the snow, was my severed hand. Resigning myself to what I knew to be true, I looked at where I should have had a stump, only to find the old man's hand in its place, black steel finger full of silent mockery. 能够从这个恐怖的噩梦中醒来真不啻为一桩幸事,才高兴了几秒,然后我就很快就发现了那只手――那只被我亲自割开的手从我身边的雪地露出来,我又惊又怕。整顿情绪之后,我相信了眼前的事实,我的一只小腿不见了,那个老人的手嫁接在断口处!黑色的钢手指充满了无声的嘲笑。
}

{1328}{37l
    To this day I do not know the power residing within this hand. All attempts at prying and poking have met with zero information. I can only hope that this entry puts to rest the years of speculation as to how I came about sporting such an odd appendage. Of all the stories I have heard, none are more strange than the actual event. Isn't that always the case?  直到现在,我也不知道蕴藏在那只手里的到底是什么力量。我撬过,我掘过,都不能去除掉它。我只希望上面这些故事,能够为多年来那些关于“我是怎么弄了这么一个奇怪假肢”的风言风语画上一个句号。在我所听说的故事中没有比这个我亲历的故事更奇怪的了,造化不就是总喜欢这样弄人的吗?
}
{1329}{37l
    弗雷德里克·冯·哈普斯古德教授,1802年
}
16#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-12-16 17:14:13 | 只看该作者
估计是bug
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|13号避难所

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 14:53 , Processed in 0.069190 second(s), 13 queries .

快速评论 返回顶部 返回列表